The Smokies Best

The Smokies Best
Our beautiful back yard!

December 6, 2010

Things we get to see and enjoy everyday!


The geese on the pond.  I just happened to be looking out the window from the Cherokee Room and saw one goose standing on the brim of the pond.  I got closer and found there was a gaggle!





This is our camp cabin...........not really:)



I don't know if you can see the double rainbow, but we did have one.  Right after the rain the first day of December.



Two days later after rain, this is why it's called the Great Smoky Mountains!  You can see we still had some color left.  This year the leaves started turning late and really hung on almost all the way to December. 




This was the week of Thanksgiving, the mountain tops covered in snow.  We didn't get any accumulation, but it looks like they did in elevation.   


On my way out the other night, stumbled upon this amazing sunset.






Today the sun is shining but it is still spitting snow, no accumulation is expected.  



It is really great to be here at the resort and get to see views like this everyday.  I find myself walking around with the camera a lot.  I hope this gives everyone a good idea of the resort and how amazing it is.  We look forward to seeing you!

No comments:

Post a Comment